July 7, 1977

July 7, 1977
A Shelter from the storm

These are the days

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thirty One-derful Years

Can it be true? Surely 7-7-77 was just yesterday wasn't it? Well ,we had a wonderful anniversary. Randy and I headed out for a spontanious day in Salt Lake. We divided our interests quite well I must say. Right off the bat we headed to Cabella's and Randy purchased a charcoal outdoor cooker that only takes 4 to 6 brickettes and is very compact and a great addition to our emergency stash, (Randy is catching on to my latest passion:) and we couldn't pass up the pecans and almonds. Then on to the Cheesecake Factory for a fabulous lunch and this will be hard to believe but we had to pass on the cheesecake we were both so full. Then Randy chose the first movie of the day at the Megaplex in Sandy - Iron Man - actually it was very good. Then it was my turn :) On our way to the west side we just happened to pass Tai Pan. I was very, very good and only purchased two lighted houses for my collection . What control!
Our next stop was Gardner Village, I found an old gift certificate from 2006 in the bottom of my garment drawer today - - - hmmmm maybe I need to do some whites today! Anyway 50 bucks to spend and that I did. I believe Randy even enjoyed it too. Next Randys turn, and where else but Costco. Great choice considering the gravity spray paint gun was back in stock that he and Jake have been looking for, for over a year was IN! Great news. Now he will get to use it. Which is even better news for me! We were both pretty tired so we thought lets go to an other movie and relax and this time it was my choice . I went for a Suzy recommendation, Made of Honor. It was at the Sandy bargin theatre for .50 cents. I know, I know money is not an issue with us . I quite enjoyed it but I think most of the people around us were wondering why I was laughing so much and that would be . . . .half way through the movie a sweet looking older grandma and her boyfriend scooted in right next to Randy, well unfortunately, our oriental friend loves garlic, onions and curry and well to put it nicely . . . . the aroma was just oozing out of her pores. You all know when "Cowboy" has the blahs???? Well this was really bad timing for him. He pretty much sat on my lap the rest of the movie. I had put on some nice peach lotion earlier and he held my hand over his nose to help his situation, soon he was putting on my peach lotion himself and smelling it all night long. Somehow I think I wont be able to wear that scent again..... Anyway there you have it! Thirty onederful years. Oh and nothing life threatning happened this year to any of you . . . but after the show expericnce Randy may beg to differ!

2 comments:

Jackie H said...

Sounds like you had a great day. I will celebrate my 31st anniversary in 2033. Weird.

By the way, where is your background? It doesn't show up on my computer. Have you been playing with it?

Britten said...

It sounds like you had a day full of fun! I am glad you had a great anniversary. Your blog is very cute. Your blog page sometimes comes up really dark on my computer but sometimes when I hit refresh it is okay--wierd huh? I love the painting of the temple above-it is beautiful. You are a good blogger!